I threw a surprise part for Don for this momentous birthday! Don is 30! He loves it. I had it at our house. He thought we were going out to someone else's party and that our neighbor was coming over to babysit. So when he heard a knock on the door, he answered it with shoes in hands, ready to go, and it was this whole group. We had a great time. We feel lucky to have such great friends here in Denmark
Our friend Ann Mari made the Danish birthday cake, called a laukage (spelling?). Isn't it beautiful? She also made the chocolate treats next to the cake. Other people helped me make other food, too. Our friend Dang from Thailand made spring rolls...absolutely delicious.
People helping bring food was really helpful so I could keep this a surprise. I couldn't have stashed everything in the cupboards!
I love my husband. He is so kind and so fun. He loves people and makes friends so easily. He is the most exciting part of my boys' days. They love playing with Don when he comes home. He listens to me talk and talk about everything down to the mundane little details of everyday happenings. And he really seems interested! He is a great gospel teacher, both at church and at home. He is good to me and he is my best friend. Happy Birthday (last month) Don!

4 comments:
Hope you had a great birthday Donny B! Looks like Amy did a great surprise party!
I just found your blog and it makes me so happy! You guys are fabulous, your boys are darling. I am so excited to get a peak into your life. Take care.
Happy Birthday, Donald Dunlap Bennion. I cannot think of a greater young man....what a source of joy you are to me and to Dad. We love you so much! Looks like a great party. I am so glad that you have great friends. We love you 5 so much!
happy birthday to Don! What a fun party! And what great friends to help throw it.
Post a Comment