We our Williams (and our's) friends over today for William's birthday party. He turns three next week. We walked down to the beach which is five minutes away from our house and played there for awhile, then came back and Don grilled some sausages and we had lunch. It was a perfect day. William was so excited when he went to bed last night and kept saying his friends were going to come over when he woke up in the morning.
In this video are Nikolas and his baby Markus, Maria and her daughter Olivia, Sabina and her son Mads (Sabina is Nikolas' wife and Maria's sister) and Tim and Olga Tolbert with their daughter Isabella (also Americans). We are lucky to have such good friends here. It is nice to have Olga and Tim in the ward -- other Americans with a young daughter for William to play with. I do alot of things with Maria and Sabina during the weeks here and I get along with them so well. We have fun. They both stay at home with their kids right now. Don and Nikolas get along great as well. Maria's husband Andrew couldn't be here today, but he is really nice too. Sabina and Nikolas were actually the first people to invite us over for dinner back in December. We thought it was especially nice since they were just visiting our ward, not even members of our ward, and they still really reached out to us. It is fun to have such good friends here. I am really glad we have some good Danish friends because I think it allows us to see more of their culture and traditions. Take this video, for example. We wouldn't have gotten to hear Danish birthday songs at Will's party today if they hadn't of been there! I just wish I could understand what they were saying...:)
1 comment:
How awesome Amy, I loved that little cultural experience. Ryan is asking me how we can get over there with you guys. Let him know if they need any real estate developers. :) It's been too long since I've seen you!
Post a Comment